Wholeness: The successful salesman believes his customer will benefit from his product or service; therefore, coming from a space of giving, he feels confident repeatedly asking for the sale. “As you sow, so shall you reap: The nature of the results or consequences of any action depend upon the positive or negative quality of influence generated by the action on other people and the environment”. (Maharishi Sci of Being)
- Out of the natural impulses to share and to control of our environment, we are all selling all the time. Powerful speech comes from powerful thought which has its origin in Pure Consciousness.
- Your employees represent your company and as such, should see themselves as part of the sales team. The whole is contained in every part.
- The selling process:
– Listen to your client and understand his needs ”If you are open with someone, he will be open with you” (Maharishi Sci of Being)
– Educate your client as how your product fulfills his needs ”The way to uplift a man is first to remind him of the glorious aspects of his character and so gain a sympathetic response. The second step is to point out at once some delicate feature in the situation.” Maharishi on the Bhagavad-Gita 2-34
– Understand his objections and as appropriate overcome them Purification leads to progress
– Ask for the sale “Lord Krishna asks Arjuna first to be without the three gunas and then to perform actions while thus established in Being” (Maharishi on the Bhagavad-Gita, Intro)
- Be imperturbable and love your customer whether or not you make the sale; be happy to sell, don’t sell to be happy. “You have control over action alone, never over its fruits. Live not for the fruits of action” (Maharishi on the Bhagavad-Gita 2.4)
CONNECTING THE PARTS OF KNOWLEDGE
WITH THE WHOLENESS OF KNOWLEDGE
Harmony and Progress with all Stakeholders
Surface Level: Selling is an act of sharing
Subtle Level: Purity and a genuine desire to serve are the most effective sales tools.
Transcendental Consciousness is the state of universal concentrated love
Unity Consciousness: In Unity Consciousness the Self sells to it Self as it is nothing but the Self