- 1 Living 200% of life: 100% material, 100% spiritual
- 2 About the author of this site and book
- 3 “The Successful Entrepeneur” course
- 4 3 Goals of this site
- 5 Other “About” pages
Living 200% of life: 100% material, 100% spiritual
This site and associated book tell the stories of those of us who in the 1980’s and 1990’s moved to Fairfield, Iowa, home of Maharishi University of Management (MUM), for world peace and personal evolution. We participated in the large group practice of the Transcendental Meditation-Sidhi program as part of an ongoing world peace project on the MUM campus. In order to stay in Fairfield, many of us, who knew little about business, started companies in our small Iowa town of 10,000. Some businesses failed, others stayed small, and others were worth hundreds of millions of dollars, employing hundreds.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Transcendental Meditation program, taught that it is possible to live 200% of life, 100% material, 100% spiritual. By sharing our journeys, the purpose of MeditatingEntrepreneur.com is to inspire and teach entrepreneurs, who have the regular experience of inner silence. Through our example, we want to show the possibility of living 200% of life.
I, Hal Goldstein, started Thaddeus Computing, a magazine publishing company from an idea and $5000 in savings in 1985. In 2011 I divided the business into several businesses, now run and owned by former meditating employees and me — iPhone Life magazine, Used Handhelds, and MagWizard software. In 2012 I was named the Fairfield Iowa entrepreneur of the year.
“The Successful Entrepeneur” course
In March 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 I taught an undergrad course The Successful Entrepreneur – Integrating Inner Fulfillment and Outer Success at Maharishi University of Management. As part of the course, each afternoon I invited a local guest entrepreneur to share their story and wisdom. This site and
This idea for this site and book grew from listening to the inspiring stories of fellow entrepreneurs and seeing the effect it had on the students.
3 Goals of this site
- Provide useful and inspiring knowledge for entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs, who have the regular experience of inner silence.
- Acknowledge the contribution of those who threw caution to the wind and moved to Fairfield, Iowa to meditate for world peace and in the process created businesses.
- Encourage visitors to learn the Transcendental Meditation program and to inspire those already meditating to be regular in their practice and take advanced courses.